This is well established that it is a well-established diet, where as the liver ketone is used as a source of energy in the diet.
- It is known by different names as Ketogenic Diet, Low Carb Diet, and Low Carb high Fat etc.
- Before we talk together that What is a Ketogenic diet, let me first say few points about the high Carb diet.
- When we eat something high in Carbs, our bodies produce both Glucose and Insulin. Glucose is the most readily available energy source for the body where as insulin is used to carry it to the different body parts and facilitates its conversion into energy.
- In this case, your body will use Glucose as the source of energy and hence your body fast will not be burned for the energy source.
- When you reduce the intake of Carbs, your body comes in a status of Ketosis. Ketosis is the process in which the body produces energy from the Ketones and these Ketones are produced as a result of the burning of Fats.
- The major Goal of a Ketogenic diet is to a forve your body to burn its fats fro ketones production and your body fulfills its energy requirements from these ketones in the state of Carbs Starvation.
- In this case of Carbs Starvation, when our body will use ketones as the Primary source of energy, we will get multiple weight loss, fitness, physical and mental benefits.